Senior Project Manager Thermal Power & Renewable Energy - Zurich
AFRY is an international engineering, design and advisory company. We support our clients to progress in sustainability and digitalisation.
We are 17,000 devoted experts within the fields of infrastructure, industry and energy, operating across the world to create sustainable solutions for future generations.
Become a part of a success story, the Thermal Power & Renewables Team Switzerland. We advise clients on power projects along the value chain from greenfield feasibility studies to tendering support, Owner`s Engineer, rehabilitation and operational efficiency studies and implementation projects.
SENIOR PROJECT MANAGER THERMAL POWER & RENEWABLE ENERGY - ZURICH
- Develop, sell and lead consulting projects in renewable energies (biomass, PV, wind onshore. storage), and desalination (RO/membrane and thermal desalination) by identifying business development and "follow-on" sales opportunities in your projects as well as in the wider market, leading proposal efforts including project scoping and manage the client interactions beyond the mere submission of a written offer.
- Fill the role of leading author of complex technical reports: due diligence, technical advisor, performance monitoring reports for different stakeholders: Lenders and/or Owners.
- Conduct technical studies, such as e.g. a heat and mass balance using advanced thermal modelling tools (Thermoflex and/or Ebsilon).
- Conduct and supervise Owner's Engineer design review process.
- Communicate appropriately with the client at working level as well as the top management coming from different cultural backgrounds.
- You thrive on problems and situations for which there is no prior experience and are able to create useful solutions effectively and efficiently. You are good at structuring unclear situations and ill-defined client problems into actionable tasks and/or projects.
- You have at least 10 years working experience in an international engineering environment preferably as a process engineer.
- You take decisions, act proactively and on your own initiative.
- You are a good communicator and are able to reduce complex issues to understandable arguments and presentations for top management as well as for employees.
- You mentor junior staff on their journey to build up experience fast (in technical as well as in professional behavioural and communication fields).
- You like a work environment where conflict is sought in an open and professional way aimed at creating better client solutions in a non-hierarchical way.
- Mandatory education level: mechanical or electrical engineer, with a minimum of Master degree / Diplom-Ingenieur from a renowned European university.
- Language skills: English business fluent orally and in writing. Mandatory skills at the same level in at least one of the following languages: French, German, Russian.
We offer: Autonomy and high individual responsibility. Co-operative and friendly work environment. Modern terms of employment. Flexible working model. Excellent social benefits. Attractive development perspectives.
We look forward to receiving your online application.
Please note that we will not consider applications via recruitment agencies for this vacancy.